Welcome to the Village Artists News

WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE ARTISTS NEWS

We would like to welcome you to our blog. You will see updates on our artist members and up coming events. Please feel free to comment.



Visit our website by clicking the following button :)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New art work by member Joyce Riley

I would like to take this moment and introduce myself.  I am Barbara Heine, one of the members of the Village Artists.  I have been asked to be a guest blogger for the group.  Here I am in a photo with my daughter, Becky.

I would like to use my time to talk about some new work by one of our members.

Joyce Riley is a potter and her business name is Ceramic JAR.  Joyce is what we like to call our "lead potter" because other Village Artists members look to her for guidance.  Joyce mixing the glazes for the potters and we look to her for leadership as we fire the kiln.  The potters and all the members appreciate her input.
Joyce has been trying some new techniques by fusing glass to the inside of her pottery. It makes for a lovely effect. She makes wonderful bowls, platters and small vessels for oil.

  Her work is lovely and speaks for itself! You can contact Joyce by calling the Village Artists.
You will find the number under the About Us tab.
I will be showcasing other members in future blogs.
Sincerely,
Barb

No comments: